Wednesday, November 30, 2005

being here with you

i'm fading into the gray pinks
of dawn
i'm becoming a part of the
melting dew drops
vanishing with the Morning Star
i'm dissolving like warm sugar
in a cup of spiced tea

we were brought together by chance
love works in funny ways
unexpectedly falling
i was struck by your gray-green
eyes and long eyelashes and
pug nose and thick lips
and smooth chin and
rumbling voice that rolled
your R's and glided words off
your tongue like slik
from first glance i knew it and
i think you knew it too

i'm here with you and i can
finally breathe easy
with every inhale, i take in
some of you
and it warms me like swallowing
amber golden drops of sunshine
you are my sunshine
my only sunshing, you make me happy when skies are gray, you'll never know just how much i love you, oh pleas dont take my sunshine away


- the earlies, 2001

No comments: